Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Oh well.

I got into a verbal dispute with my father two weeks ago, and we haven't spoken a word to each other since.

It started out with an aunt calling to ask for a DVD we apparently borrowed ages ago and when we found it, he wouldn't stop asking who was the one that borrowed it. I said that it didn't matter, and what mattered was to return it. And he started telling me how disrespectful I am for ignoring his question. What's disrespectful about that? He then continued to yell at me, and went off tangent into stuff that I did a decade ago. Ten minutes into the ranting I thought it was a waste of time, and exited the room. As I did so, I shook my head in disbelief. He probably thought the head-shaking was offensive. Well, it was meant to be.

He probably didn't think I would hold out this long, because in the past I was almost always made to apologize within minutes. Well, too bad, because I have a temper as bad as his and I want to make it clear that I am no child now. Parents sometimes take children's respect for them for granted.

To be honest, this is more fun than being forced to apologize for something that you clearly have no responsibility for. Let's see how long this can last. 

No comments: