And so I went and did something that I wouldn't ever have done, if my life didn't change so much last semester. I applied for a sponsored year-long exchange program at Yale, and if I do get it, I will be heading to the US next August.
I'm not very confident in getting it because my CAP is miserable, and my CCA records aren't all that glorious too. I had to write two personal statements, and I think I wrote them terribly. And there's still two interviews to go through (one by NUS, and another by Yale). But, hey, maybe I'll hit the jackpot.
I don't know where the courage came from. I'm not even sure if I would have the courage to pack and leave Singapore, if I do get selected. I have only been overseas once, and that's to Batam, Indonesia. And that was only for three days.
But life is short. I'm damn sure that I'll learn a great deal of things unique to such an experience. I'll see how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment