I realized that I have migraine, and it is triggered by a change in temperature - namely from a hot place (i.e. the outside) to a cold place (i.e. a mall). I always thought that the attacks were random, but after observation the source is so obvious. The chances of it triggering is multiplied many folds if I am really perspiring. It usually starts off with a slight throb at the back of the head, and it will spread to half the skull in an hour or two. And it usually lasts for at least half a day.
I had an attack yesterday. It was hot, and I was waiting for a bus to go home in the afternoon. I was perspiring like mad, and it started shortly after I boarded the bus. In the end, I couldn't sleep until 4 last night because the head was throbbing so much. I could actually count my heart rate using the throbbing because it was pulsating according to the heart. It also usually comes with nausea, and that is really terrible.
I usually try to wait it out, but most times I give up and end up feeding myself some paracetamol. I know it is an ill habit, but wow, the pain. Sometimes when it gets really bad, I wish I could just die. Truth.
I usually try to wait it out, but most times I give up and end up feeding myself some paracetamol. I know it is an ill habit, but wow, the pain. Sometimes when it gets really bad, I wish I could just die. Truth.
No comments:
Post a Comment