Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

And now, I wait.

I have finally settled application procedures for both NUS and NTU. I mailed NUS' required documents the last week, and NTU's yesterday.

ADM required an awesome number of stuff, and even though I knew about it since a year ago I still had trouble preparing them.

I blame FYP.

Anyway, here are the courses I applied for -

NUS
1. FASS
2. SoC (Information Systems)

I am actually aiming for Communications and New Media/Psychology for FASS and E-Commerce for SoC.

NTU
1. ADM
2. Communication Studies
3. Psychology

For NTU, my choices are a little risky because ADM looks at portfolio/assignment and should my portfolio/assignment fail to impress them I would be automatically considered for my next choice, Communication Studies.

CS, however, states that applicants must have a pass in GP or equivalent. I obviously do not meet that requirement because I am not from a JC. The COP for last year states that polytechnic graduates were admitted though.

*shrugs*

Psychology in NTU requires a pass Additional Mathematics in 'O' Levels or equivalent. I did not take that subject back in my Nan Hua days, and thus I am also unsure if I can be considered for the course.

At any rate, I did my best. I know that my GPA of 3.7 is nothing spectacular, but at least I lived up to myself. I told myself that I would attain a score that would be worthy of university admission when I chose to go to a polytechnic instead of a JC, and I think I did.

And now, like the title says, I wait. It would take some time for the applications to be processed, but I expect the results to be made known by latest mid April.

Look out for a post with photographs. It might be rejection or acceptance letters from the universities. I am going to take photographs either way.

No comments: