Sometimes when I go around visiting other people's blogs and read about how they plan surprise birthday parties for friends, go clubbing, dress up for prom or stuff, this certain feeling wells up inside me. And then, I start wondering about this feeling.
Why is it that I always feel that they are being such idiots?
When friends do rope me in for such events, say, go shopping for a prom dress, I always spoil the event with my lack of enthusiasm. I am not being a moron on purpose. I just don't feel the hype, or happiness, or excitement. When you can't feel the same thing as the rest, you simply can't behave like them.
On the side note, that's why I always hate camps. The cheering and whatnot. I don't get it. And those games they force people to play.
No, I don't want to hold hands with a stranger - he's a guy.
No, I really don't want to.
No, it doesn't matter if it is just a game. I am not comfortable with this.
No, I really don't want to.
Wait, what? I'm not being sporty?
I'm being difficult?
I'm sorry.
It's my fault that I don't like to get all touchy with other people. I didn't know that camps are only for people who don't mind getting touched.
I should go to jail for my ignorance.
:(
Seriously, people. Is it impossible to have fun without playing such games? Why should we, what was it, pass a straw around using mouths?
You can't force people to play games like this and say that they are not being sporty when they refuse to. Whatever happened to respect? Ridiculous.
I don't think I am an anti-social person. I am rather talkative when I am with my friends. Maybe I do complain a little too much, but that's because I have too strong of an opinion on many matters. Too strong for my own good, I must admit.
I don't think that they are idiots. I feel that they are being idiots. There's a difference, if you don't realize. I don't go, "Bah, these social butterflies." I don't do that. It is just this feeling that wells up uncontrollably inside me when I happen to read or witness such events.
Nonchalance. Indifference. Disinterest. Whatever it is - I cannot control it.
It's me. It's really just me. I am still a good person to invite to such events, but just don't expect me to get all high and hyped. It won't happen.
Clubbing, however, is an entirely different issue. I don't know how people relieve stress there. I guess some people just have affinity for chaos. Well, great, good for you (but you're an idiot).
That's right. I am still an opinionated bitch at the end of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment