I entered Singapore Polytechnic with the intention to enter university, and I still intend to. I do not have to be reminded that only the best of the cohort can enter university. I know.
Results for semester two of year two were released yesterday morning. I did alright, much to my relief.
My current cumulative GPA is above what is considered safe for a polytechnic student who wishes to enter the university (apparently 3.5 is the bare minimum). I want it to be higher and it definitely can be. That much I know.
I made two mistakes so far - getting a C+ for Mathematics in the first year and forgetting to go for a test for a GEMS module in the second year. These two mistakes cost me my chances of getting a Diploma with Merit, but all is not lost.
I hope that I am on the Director's Roll of Honor again, and for the third year too (if there is any).
If my GPA alone cannot get me into NTU, my 'O' Levels (L1R5 13, L1R4 10) and semi-strong CCA record (President of Media and Debate Club in Nan Hua High School, Treasurer of Singapore Polytechnic Library Club) would definitely help.
I guess having received a scholarship award from SBPWA (Singapore Business and Professional Women's Association) also helps.
Portfolio counts too, so I must work hard on it.
Eitherway, I will not falter. I am going to see this to the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment