Well, meet Dia Veia. She is a mesmer, and her secondary profession is elementalist. At the character selection screen, I gave her the 'Shanghai Tang' hair which is basically the very Chinese style permed hair with a elaborative feather stuck at one side of her hair. I wanted to get her the 15K Canthan armor (the armor she is wearing here is 1.5K Canthan), because it is basically cheongsam, except that it is extremely sexy. Not that I want her to look like as if she is wearing nothing, but that is the only set of armor that fits her hair.
Yes, I care more for my characters' appearance than anything else. You know, there is not much else to do after you complete the storyline of Guild Wars. Grinding for armor and equipment is probably only the thing I am able to do ... long term.
She is Canthan born, in case anyone is wondering. That is the second campaign, Factions.
This is her in the 15K Canthan armor dyed white. It looks rather odd at first glance, but it certainly looks better when you stare at it long enough. She originally held the Lotus staff, which is green in colour. It is not at all compatible with her new armor, so I got quite a headache deciding a new staff to buy her.
Does it sound easy? Man, it does not.
At first I thought that this staff called the Willcrusher, which looks like as if it is of the platinum colour on a GW fansite, would fit the armor. After getting the armor my bank was nearly empty, and I forked out the last of my fortune to buy the staff.
... To realise that the staff is actually light purple in colour.
I got myself into a state of nearly zero gold because of a bloody staff that does not go well with my mesmer's armor and the worst thing is that the stats are not even good. It is one of the worst domination staves around, and the buyer was so happy that I bought it.

The Willcrusher
Life sucks, eh?
I did some more research on green staves (in case any of you is wondering why I did not consider any other weapon types like Zodiac or Celestial, it is because I lack the cash and non of them actually looks good) and realised that The Mindclouder, a Nightfall green actually goes with the armor.
It is yellowish-gold in colour, and I thought that it might actually go with the golden dragon on my mesmer's white armor.
But it costs around 15K to buy it on the market.
Crap, the gold.
Those who know me should know, I do not give up that easily when it comes to playing games.
As such, I went to the forums and searched for a way to solo the boss that drops the staff. It turned out that my ranger can actually solo it with a certain build. I was ecstatic.
I got the necessary skills, and departed for 'farming'.
I farmed the boss 10+ times before it finally dropped its staff for me.

Enlightenment.
Words cannot describe my joy, I am telling you.
The Mindclouder
Woo.
It does actually look awesome, does it not?
Although the attribute of the staff is a different one from what my mesmer runs (I run domination, and the staff is for illusion), it matters little to me. I can always change the build my mesmer runs, you see.
Finally, Pi Pi. Give me some more time to make the layout. I might take very long, because I am bloody lazy.
Well, at least I got the start going now.
And oh, a little update of my ranger, Dia Vestier.

I got him the Nightfall 15K armor, Primeval. It is dyed ... dark brown? It is a self-attained dye combination, so I have no idea what to call the colour. It looks okay-ish on him, and it is only worn when he runs the beastmaster build.
Still, he looks the best in his 15K Studded Leather dyed black and his Zodiac longbow.

*claps*
No comments:
Post a Comment