I think I ought to write a more detailed post about one of the most enjoyable days in my life. It was not exactly enjoyable until I realised how much I got, but after that it was pretty much heaven.
I do not know about you. Yes, I mean you, the one reading this now. You might have gotten a single digit, with or without bonus. You might be laughing at my 13 points, but do you know how badly I did for the entire year?
I have never passed my Elementary Mathematics for the year, be it big exams or small tests. My sciences were always ranging from a fail to a passable, well, pass. My aggregate for mid-years was 37, and 24 for prelims. My parents were called to see the principal for mid-years, and I was called to see my teacher for prelims (and yes I failed my Math on both occasions).
My teachers were very doubtful of me (except for a few), and even my family members had literally stop hoping when the O levels came around. I told them I could probably halve the aggregate score I obtained for prelims at O levels, but I think I was the only one who believed I could.
And oh, my friends (you people know who you are) believed too.
Mid-Years
English Language : C5
Literature : C6
Combined Humanities : D7
Elementary Mathematics : F9
Higher Chinese : B4
Chemistry : D7
Physics : E8
L1R5 : 37
L1R4 : 29
This screams bloody murder. I mean, murder me. This really looks bad. Horrible, in fact.
Prelims
English Language : A2
Literature : C5
Combined Humanities : B4
Elementary Mathematics : D7
Higher Chinese : A2
Chemistry : C5
Physics : E8
L1R5 : 24
L1R4 : 15
Improvement, but still terrible. The only subjects I managed to pull up to a respectable grade were my languages. Unfortunately, nobody cares whether or not you are proficient at your languages over here.
Bad grades in math and sciences = you belong to a garbage dump.
Literally.
I worked out a plan for O levels. I figured that I must work for certain subjects in order to acquire a decent L1R5. I even had mimic sets of results if things work the way I want it to (featured in the post before this).
To be honest I doubted myself at the last moment. Inexcusable crime.
But let us not talk about this now.
Ahem.
Allow me to continue.
O Levels
English Language : A2
Literature : A2
Combined Humanities : A2
Elementary Mathematics : B3
Higher Chinese : B4
Chemistry : B3
Physics : C5
L1R5 : 13
L1R4 : 10
I almost halved my aggregate score, you know that? No big feat, I hear you say.
Nonsense.
I still screwed Physics up, I know. Take a look, however, at the grade for Elementary Mathematics. It got from F9 to D7 and then B3. It should have been an A2, but this is good enough for me.
You cannot believe how nervous I was. My heart was pumping so hard I could hear its rhythm in my ears. It was deafening and I struggled to pay attention to what the principal was saying.
I am glad it ended well for me.
I saw a lot of people crying, and a lot jumping with immense joy. Congratulations to all that scored well, and for those who were gravely disappointed I do hope you get over it soon.
The world is pretty when one feels good.
A rare happy post.
Are you happy?
I sure am.
1 comment:
hey meow.. well done in ur O's.eh.. since u so happy now im sure u dun mind me popping out a qn. if i organise a class gathering will u go??yea try to reply me on msn.
Post a Comment