Pages

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I thought Capricorns are supposed do well in terms of self-esteem and confidence. Capricorn is the icon of perseverance, determination and are natural leaders.

I am a Capricorn, and oddly enough I possess none of the mentioned traits.

Results have been released, and everyone is happy with my results. Friends are congratulating me because I had improved a lot since mid-years, and family members are lavishing me with delightful gifts as rewards for my remarkable improvement.

I was indeed happy. I jumped with joy when I got back my results.

"Now I can apply for my dream course and stop worrying about silly things."

I applied for Digital Media at Singapore Polytechnic. I do not think I would have any problems getting in, because my aggregate score is 10 and that is way above the cut off point of the course in the previous year (it was 16).

Digital Media is mainly about animation. Animation, animation, animation. 2D and 3D.

"Great. To bring life to story characters has always been my dream."

And on I proceed, fantasizing about myself working for big gaming companies and taking part in the production of Final Fantasy - insert number.

But this happiness is short-lived.

I did a little research and realised in utter horror that animators need to be good at Math.

I do not even do Additional Mathematics!

This is it.

Doom.

No comments: