Pages

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

No heating. No identification of gases. No concentrated hydrochloric acid. No un-understandable design questions.

It should be pretty good, in that case.

But no - the QA was like shit. Funny colours, funny changes, funny solutions and funny observations. I raised my eyebrows at particularly every single test I did. All my observations look so odd. Still, I wrote all of them down.

I got my calculations and conclusion wrong. It was upsetting to know that I made mistakes at the calculations. It was supposed to be something like 0.05x for (a) and 88.x for (b). My answers were kind of different.

4 marks.

Apparently, I did not read the last part carefully enough. I know it was iodide and chloride, but I missed out the part where they tell you you need to specify in which sample you identify the anion. And so I just wrote down the two anions plainly.

1 mark.

I was fairly confident of the design question. It was easy. But - as usual, I made atrocious mistakes again.

Volume = cm (cube)
Area = cm (square)

I actually went ahead and wrote "Collect 10 cm SQAURE of oxygen in a gas syringe and take down the time - yada yada yada -".

1 mark.

The carelessness of forgetting to put the final volume of Q used in 2 decimal places.

1 mark.

I have so far accumulated a total of 7 marks which will be going to the faraway land of darkness. Not counting marks which will be deducted for my funny observations, of course.

I am the best, man. I am the best.

No comments: