I took my GCE 'O' Level Higher Mother Tongue around 8 hours ago, and to tell you the truth it was pretty okay. It was much easier than the Mid Years (or CT2). And if you insist I give a rough gauge of how it was, I think it was around the standard for Prelims.
When I sat for Paper 1, I kept smiling to myself. I thought I wrote a lot as I proceeded to the third page for the second section (narrative). When I was reaching the third quarter of the third page my smile grew wider. Usually, I do not even hit half of the third page during practices.
It was only after the entire paper I realised that it was actually 300 words per page (our normal Mother Tongue composition writing paper has space for 400 words per page).
I suffered a panic attack on the spot upon enlightenment, and whipped out my calculator immediately to count how much exactly I have written for Paper 1.
After calculation, I arrived at the conclusion that I have actually only written 2 pages by the normal standard - even worse than what I usually do. I was terribly shocked. Not having enough content when writing a Chinese composition is equivalent to a death sentence, and unfortunately I made this mistake today.
I always do worse than I think.
Well, anyway, Paper 2 was not too difficult. For this particular Paper 2 I can safely say that I did okay. The feeling I had during Prelims came back today, and I got a pretty decent score for Higher Mother Tongue during Prelims.
Hopefully, my Paper 2 can save my Paper 1 - it got its ass on fire.
1 comment:
LAOMAO! don't worry too much la.
Things won't be that bad de.
SMILE, NOOB! =D
Post a Comment