I just took my GCE 'O' Levels Physics Practical today, and I think it was rather okay except for the fact that I made stupid mistakes again.
It was really stupid. Everyone knows a straight-line graph means that the acceleration is constant. The question said specifically to deduce your answer from your graph. For some reason I went as far as to think of gravity and all of those absolutely irrelevant factors.
What, is the glass sphere a motorbike?
I used an inappropriate scale for the graph. My graph ended up hanging in the middle of the paper, like a poor man stranded on an island in the middle of Pacific Ocean. I frowned at my graph when I finished it, and only after like 10 seconds I realised something was wrong.
But crap, there was not enough time for me to re-draw my graph. To be honest, when one finishes his/her graph during an exam the chances of him/her having the time to re-draw is approximately close to zero.
And I am famous for being slow at drawing graphs.
Ahem.
I did not manage to finish calculating the average velocity change. The last second ticked when I finished writing just the equation for the question.
2 marks for the acceleration. Another 2 for the blank velocity question. 1 mark for the design question due to a piece of information I left out. 1 mark for the incorrect scale for graph.
A grand total of 6 marks deducted.
Not considering the rest of the parts where careless mistakes might lie.
Well, I do not think I will get anywhere below 21 and I am expecting around 23 to 24 (the maximum possible marks one can obtain for the paper is 30).
I know - we do not get our papers back. Still, it is good to know roughly how you have done for the paper.
In order to keep myself in line with my goals for the big battle, I suppose I should write down all the grades I am aiming for for the various subjects.
English A2
Higher Mother Tongue A2
Elementary Mathematics A2
Physics B4
Chemistry A2
Combined Humanities (SS and E. History) A2
Literature B3
Subjects that I have already gotten back -
Mother Tongue A1
CCA B3
L1R5 : 12
With bonus : 9
L1R4 : 9
This is the best possible set of results I reckon I am capable of. I know I need to work extremely hard. Even though I am going to a Polytechnic, I must enter it with glory.
I can do it. I definitely can.
No comments:
Post a Comment