Pages

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I am now a Secondary 4 student and will soon be graduating from Nan Hua in a matter of months, entering a new phase of my life.

I took the time to read all of my previous entries in this blog today, and I must say I shocked myself with the way I think in those years. Yes, I am not very far away from those times - merely a year or two. However, it is amazing how much I have 'grown' since then. I am proud of myself.

I don't hate St John too much now, for time is indeed a good bleaching agent. I always judged the fellows there too fast, and I apologise for passing inaccurate and rude remarks about all of you. However, I still stand firm by my thinking that something needs to be done to the administrative system.

Please do not organise last minute practices. You are not only being fickle-minded, but extremely incosiderate as well. Bear this in mind - you are running a CCA in a Secondary School. Your cadets are 13 year-old to 15/16 year-old teenagers. They have plans in their life. They need time to enjoy their youth. Do not organise practices like their time is yours. Sure, you might be free tomorrow, but you do not organise a practice just because you think tomorrow is a good day to have a practice. Last minute practices are never welcomed, and you should be more considerate.

I understand the part about practising, but do you think it is fair to have a cadet cancel their plans with, perhaps, a movie with a relative which was scheduled a month ago just because you are free tomorrow and you decide that the CCA should have a practice tomorrow?

"He can always schedule another time to have a movie."

Well, yeah - you can always schedule the practice next week after school.

I think you get my drift.

No comments: