Pages

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

A thought.

Research has shown that people respond more favorably to those who are good-looking. Sad, but true. Personally, I also like looking at good-looking folks, be it male or female. I wonder, from time to time, how it is like to be them.

There's this common saying, and it goes something like this - "There are no ugly people, only lazy ones." Does anyone actually believe this? I don't.

Allow me to elaborate. Of course, I understand the whole "beauty lies in eyes of its beholder" and stuff (I do think this is true, how when one likes something it just becomes a lot more awesome), but there remains, at the end of the day, folks who are good-looking just like that. Good height. Good build. Good skin. Good facial features. They have been looking awesome since birth. For most of us, we don't even come close to those basic assets. You have to admit that there's only so much you can do when it comes to "not being lazy" about looks.

And now that we are at it, I think it is easier for males to improve their looks than females - body building, clothes (male fashion is so much more straightforward than female's) and hair. Females can't do much to their bodies without resorting to plastic surgeries, and age so much faster.

I'm not troubled over how I look. It's just something that I have always thought about. Glad that I managed to wrote it down, though the writing sucks. As usual. Heh.

No comments: