Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Frustrated.

I received my results for one of the assignments, and I got a mediocre 7 out of 10. I have friends who were awarded full marks and that baffles me.

How can anyone possibly get full marks for an assignment? An essay, no less?

The marking scheme for the assignment is not released, so there is no way to know how they marked the essays. After reading the "better" ones, however, I have a vague idea of how they mark it. They generally favor essays that mention the theories blatantly (e.g. According to the X Theory ...). I have no idea how that is better, but it seems incredibly mechanical to me.

I am becoming increasingly disillusioned with the university. It feels like a factory. They want you to write exactly what they want and if you do not, you get poor grades.

This module is a waste of my time, seriously. The entire major, in fact, is a waste of time. Damn it.

No comments: