Pages

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

That path.

I find it it fascinating how people tell you that there is nothing at the end of the road when they themselves have never walked it before. They quote you a story of an individual who died in the journey and yet ingore the many others who survived, alive and well. Tell them this, and they will question you, "Why do you think you will be the one that stays alive?" Why, now, do you think I will be the one who dies?

I have noticed, that there are generally three types of naysayers -

  • The High-Flyers
  • These people have been "successful" since the day they were born. With intelligence and/or through sheer hard work they achieved stellar grades and are in top institutions pursuing "prestigious" degrees. They worked to be where they are and therefore believe that there is only one route to success - theirs.
  • The Losers
  • You can find them everywhere and it is incredibly easy to spot them. They constantly whine and complain about everything. They always seem to regret not having this or done that, and yet never really do anything significant to make up for it. Nothing is ever their fault - always others'. These incredibly bitter people are jealous of successful individuals and always attribute their achievements to everything else but the person himself or herself (e.g. he is only successful because his family is rich).
  • The Aged
  • Having seen much of the world in the years that have passed, they believe they know what is best for the younger generation. Their experience is no doubt invaluable, but their beliefs are generally stiff and suffocating. They tend to forget that times have changed, and are always changing - what seemed best back then might not be so now. Any attempt to correct them is futile, and they are best left ranting until exhausted.

And as always, there are always exceptions. I am not daft. Either way, these naysayers serve well as fuel. The more firm is their belief that I will fail, the more I will work for success. This path I walk does not lead to a dead end. Watch me prove it, fools. When I say it, I will do it. I have done so in the past, and will do so in the future.

1 comment:

byan said...

i belong to "the losers" category.

gee i hope i'm not a naysayer :(