Passion cannot feed you, even if it does drive you forward. That is a fact. If I do receive an offer from SMU SIS, I would have to reconsider my options seriously.
Here are the graduate employment surveys for 2009 from the universities -
National University of Singapore
http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/post-secondary/files/ges-nus.pdf
Nanyang Technological University
http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/post-secondary/files/ges-ntu.pdf
Singapore Management University
http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/post-secondary/files/ges-smu.pdf
SMU SIS wins hands down, despite the poor full-time permanent employment rate. Jobs in the IT sector are mostly on contract basis, so I am not surprised at the figures.
NUS FASS is alright, but pales in comparison to SMU SIS. Since I already know very well I am not cut out for the design industry, I am leaving NTU ADM out of the equation.
I hate being at the crossroads.
2 comments:
i chanced upon your blog, and find it excitingly intriguing to read. on many subjects, i think we shared common point of views. that inclusive of "JC Students deserve priority" and "Don't let poly graduates fall through the cracks", both which i've written to the papers to comment.
it's great to see that you went for SMU SIS's interview, and for a while i thought i might make a new friend here until i saw that your itineraries contained mostly NUS FASS schedules.
nevertheless, it's nice to see a girl out there doing good. no discrimination, just a comparison against a generalisation.
all the best. (:
Woah. I rarely have visitors here. Hahaha. Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my entries. Pardon the errors, if you spotted any. I don't proofread any of them.
Don't be fooled by my schedule on the right. I haven't been updating it. :P
SMU SIS has yet to offer me a place yet, but if they do I will consider accepting it. I got to draw up a good ol' pros and cons table, I guess.
Post a Comment