Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Interview.

I suppose I kind of screwed up the interview at SMU SIS today. My English just fell apart when it was my turn to talk and I became increasingly frustrated, which worsened my performance. I could present in front of so many visitors, including SPH journalists and important personnel from KKH/Microsoft/etc for FYP, and yet I fail at this mere group interview?

"... bite off more than it could digest."

I know it is "bite off more than it could chew", but I just said the wrong thing anyway.

And there was this utterly arrogant JC interviewee. She simply refused to interact with the rest, and only talked to a SMU senior while we waited for the interview. Any attempt at making small talk was quickly brushed off. She then magically turned into a great listener during the interview, smiling and nodding at things the rest said.

I have been trying to curb my habit of being too judgemental, but I cannot be wrong this time. I observed her for several hours (yes, the interview was that long) and this is my conclusion - she is arrogant.

There has been a lot of hate towards polytechnic students lately, and it is very interesting. You develop a sense of superiority from simply your background as a JC student? How sound, your logic.

If you are not one of those stupidly arrogant JC students, then I am not talking about you. Unlike certain individuals out there, I would prefer not to stereotype. Not for this entry, at least.

I will post a photograph of the letter from SMU, be it acceptance or rejection, when I receive it. Documentation FTW!

No comments: