Pages

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Making the same mistake twice.

When I was still a child, I found a ring-like plastic item on the floor and was quite fascinated by it. I still remember it was purple in color, and it resembled what you see on bottles after you pop the cap.

I wore it on my finger, and it wouldn't come off. I tried so desperately to take it off because it was hurting my finger. After realizing that I couldn't do anything, I burst out crying. Okay, more like wailing.

My mom carried me in her arms and the rest of the adults were panicking because my finger was turning very red. They found a plier and could not get it under the ring because it was too tight. In the end, they had to force it in and cut the ring. My finger was bleeding, I recall. From what, I am not sure.

From then on, I am deathly afraid of rings. And today, I made the same mistake again.

I accidentally tightened this plastic (again) thing that people usually use to hold wires together around my finger. It works one-way, so once you tighten it you cannot undo it. As I witness my finger turn red, an overwhelming wave of panic crashed on me. It was the kind of fear that will make the blood rush to your head.

I searched frantically for a plier. I managed to find one, and finally removed the damn thing.

The fear. Oh, the fear.

No comments: