Pages

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Dealing with stupid people.

That sounds incredibly condescending, but these people are driving me mad. I don't understand why people don't use their brains, or perhaps, can't.

Okay, for example, NCSoft. NCSoft. Wow, just typing the name is making my blood boil. How can anyone, or any company, fail so majestically in terms of common sense?

I wanted to go back to GW for a friend because she happens to start playing only recently and I thought, hey, why not I go back to GW? Sadly, I forgot my account details because NCSoft had this bright idea to implement a master account system whereby you need to make a separate account and then link your game accounts to it.

Problem - I don't remember if I ever created a master account, and if I did I don't remember the details.

I sent a support ticket seeking help, and apparently being honest with a game company is like shooting yourself in the foot.

I told them the account was first created by my brother, who played for a single day, and then gave it to me because he found GW boring. I then played GW for two years and bought the rest of the expansion packs.

The reason why I told them this is because the information on the game account might be my brother's or mine, and I had to give a reason why I am giving them two possible, say, birth dates.

After waiting for 7 days, they replied with a single paragraph saying they cannot help me due to the fact that my brother is the original account owner and to have him contact them instead.

I cannot possibly pen in words how I felt when I read their reply. Here's why -

1. My brother and I live in the same house. We have the same bloody residential information. I told them that.

2. My brother won't know a fuck about the account because he quit on the same day he tried the game. I told them that.

3. Even if my brother were to contact them personally, the information provided would be same because we are unsure whose information was used in registration. I told them that.

4. I gave them all the serial codes tied to this account. What are the chances of someone who is not the owner to give you the exact 20 character serial codes?

Common sense, NCSoft, common sense. What more do you want from me? Photographs of the serial codes? That is even worse because everyone knows Photoshop is capable of amazing stuff, and asking customers for photographs of serial codes is next to being retarded, if not retarded.

I am incredibly ragey now. I certainly hope they reply fast to my response, because I don't have much patience with them anymore. What can I do to them, you ask?

Not much, and you probably guessed that. I would just not buy anymore games from them and help spread the word of their awesome customer support.

No comments: