Pages

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Phone calls signal impending doom.

I do not think I ever mentioned this here before, but I have something against phone calls. I hate it. I hate it with such a great vengeance that it could probably envelope and suffocate the entire Singapore if it were to materialize.

And the best part is I do not know why I hate it. I have hated phone calls for as long as I can remember.

Whenever a phone rings and I have to pick it up (i.e. home phone), I get irritated. Immediate effect. If it is my mobile phone, I become irritated and then eventually fearful. It is the kind of fear that you get when you think you are about hear something very terrible. The feeling that you get when you know there is going to be disaster.

There are occasions where the fear gets so bad that I have to actually calm myself down before I can pick up the call. And sometimes I fail in doing so and I simply let the phone ring to its death. I just cannot pick it up.

I do not think it has anything to do with who is calling, though. It is just phone calls I am afraid of. Both incoming and outgoing. They make me shake and sweat buckets.

Weird, and I do not think it will be going away anytime soon - at least not until I figure out what is causing this.

1 comment:

byan said...

i >never< pick up phones, even when i'm the only person at home. mine's 100% fear though.

glad to know i'm not the only one anyway LOL.