Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Overwhelmed.

I was initially afraid of ITP, as I do not do well in new environments and I also suck at making new friends.

It turned out that I was one of the luckiest (or so I think). I was doing work that I like, and the company I worked at was very nice. In fact, they were so nice that they rendered me speechless. I was overwhelmed, actually.

On the last day of ITP, they brought me to NYDC and treated me to a good lunch (complete with mudpies). They also gave me a gift.

I honestly did not expect that. I was shocked. I was so shocked that I did not know how to respond. I, on the other hand, prepared nothing at all for them.

I was smacked right across the face with guilt. Ugh. I am such an evil intern.




A Levi's watch.

And the guilt was made worse when one of the websites I did for them failed to work after uploading. The server did not allow XML files and I had to cheat by uploading the files as text and then rename them. It worked the last time I tried but it oddly did not work on the last day.

It took me around 3 weeks to do that website, and that would mean I took 3 weeks worth of pay for doing nothing.

Gawd, I suck.

I am determined to solve this problem, so I would be doing post-ITP ITP. I was so awkward on the last day that I forgot to apologize to them for the website (and actually thank them properly for their kindness).

I am sorry, and thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whoa. that's one hell of an awesome watch xD

- alex