Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Persona.

Persona. What is it?

In the study of communication, persona is a term given to describe the versions of self that all individuals possess.

Behaviors are selected according to the desired impression an individual wishes to create when interacting with other people.

Therefore, personae presented to other people vary according to the social environment the person is engaged in, in particular the persona presented before others will differ from the persona an individual will present when he/she happens to be alone.

That is from Wikipedia, by the way.

Shin Megami Tensei : Persona series is my favorite game series.

I follow news about the series very closely. I do not think twice about spending money on it. Collector's Edition, Launch Edition, Enhanced Edition - whatever it is, as long as it is Persona, I buy it.

For some reason, I feel ... "close" to the game when I play it. That certainly sounds weird.

I wonder how my Persona will look like if it can materialize. I have a feeling that it will not be something I like, but still me nevertheless.

Sigh. Growing up sucks. My best years are gone. Now what is ahead of me are dull years of slogging for a supposedly "good life".

Years and years of working. ... Is this really what life is about? The thought of it is terribly unappealing.

I just want to stay home and play games - time of my own. Why does life has to bother me in so many ways?

Then again, I think that is what everyone wants. A life without working. Heh, in the end I am just another lazy bum. Oh well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

perhaps it's because you agree with persona more than seeing it as 'just another series of games', and because it touches you somewhere deep inside your heart?

on a side note, if we didn't have anything to do in life, we'd lack motivation to do anything. life is about reaction to a series of problems, and it is from what we do regarding these 'problems' or 'obstacles' we have to overcome that defines what we do in life.

- alex