I survived the extraction. The healing process, for me, was rather painless so far. I took no painkiller. I did not dare to eat using the back because I am afraid of hitting the bigger wounds. It is very difficult to chew using only the front teeth, I tell you.
Today, I went to have my stitches removed and separators placed. Separators are tiny rubber bands that are used to make space between the molars so that the braces can be placed.
Stitches removal was quite bearable. There was little to no pain and was done sooner than I expected. I went to my orthodontist next to have my separators placed.
The placing of separators was just like how I expected it to be - brutal. I imagined her forcing them in between the teeth, and it was just like that. Each time she forced it in, there was sudden sharp pain and it went away. The pain did not linger, contrary to what I had expected.
Now it just feels that as if there are big pieces of food trapped in between my teeth. The feeling is extremely annoying, but it is not pain. It has yet to start hurting, so I cannot tell you whether or not separators are painful.
I certainly hope that the separators stay in place. Doctor Lim said that I would have to go back to get the separators replaced if any of them drop out prematurely (i.e. before the next appointment). She did say, however, that if any of them drop out one or two days before the next appointment it is alright to leave them out.
Well, another appointment over. Now there are just two more to go.
1 comment:
you'll be fine :D i should treat you to ice cream
- alex
Post a Comment