Another port is coming to PSP, and this time it is Yggdra Union. It first appeared for GBA, and it is a card-based RPG. I do not think I will be getting it, as Star Ocean for PSP is coming out as well (and two of it, in fact).
It has to depend on my "financial status" - actually, more like my parents' mood on the day I ask them.
Well, even if I have the cash I will still get Star Ocean first. I never finished playing Star Ocean 1, and I think I bloody should because one should always complete a good game. Well, the port comes with revamped graphics and improvements/extras.
Why not, eh?
There are also another bunch of games coming out, including Persona 4 for Japan (and I have yet to even complete Persona 3). The good news is it will still be some time before the NA version of Persona 4 hits Singapore, and I can complete Persona 3 before getting the game.
And why still no Chrono Cross port for PSP? I have been waiting forever, and it appears that it will not be considered at all. Damn those people. They ported Valkyrie Profile, Star Ocean, Final Fantasy Tactics, Grand Theft Auto, Need For Speed and heck, even Riveria.
BUT NO CHRONO CROSS?! @*#&)*(*#@^%!^@)#*!
Never mind. I will never give up.
(I know that one can play Chrono Cross on one's PSP by simply "modding" it but I prefer to support the game industry by only getting authentic games)
Fable 2 is coming out soon. That is very good news. I hope the PC version comes out as soon as possible.
Persona for PSP appears to be undergoing development, which is very good news as well. I love the Shin Megami Tensei series. I will be in the first in line when it is released.
Go Atlus go! *wears fan shirt*
Oddly enough, I am absolutely uninterested in the coming Final Fantasies. Sure, I will look at the graphics and read reviews about it but getting it? I do not think so. The past Final Fantasies have disappointed me. Final Fantasy XII, despite the good writing, was ... bleh. The storyline, in my opinion, was terribly unfocused and some of the characters were not appropriately developed.
And the battle system, although fresh, is simply unappealing. The gambits certainly make training easier, but also more boring. I was surprised to learn that so many people loved it, honestly.
But I have to compliment the writing in the game. Simply amazing. It seems like I am watching a play from Shakespeare. I continued playing it simply for the writing - nothing more.
FFX-2 was ... alright, simply because the main characters were *gasp* females. I am a feminist, so I will be glad to play a game that puts females (finally) in the limelight anytime. The sphere grid was interesting, and I kind of liked the "do-some-exploring-or-you-will-miss-a-bunch-of-things" method used in the game. It gave me a break from the strict linear storyline that most RPGs use.
FFX was alright at first until the cheesy love story kicked in. Oh, so the girl cried, the guy hopped in and comforted her. They ended up kissing and drifted down this lake (or whatever the place was). That was just so lame.
I cringe with fear every time people mention about FFX. The storyline about Sin and all of that was, in fact, great but it seemed that Square could not resist putting an absolutely overused type of female lead (gentle, kind, pretty, "weak" and self-sacrificial) and whatnot.
I rolled my eyes every time I see a cut scene with Tidus and Yuna. It was just so predictable.
And I have this feeling that Square is not going to make the future Final Fantasies less unbearable for people like me.
All of you fanboys and fangirls can say whatever you want. This is just my own opinion, and I am not attempting to convince anyone here. There are better games out there (Shadow Hearts : Convenant comes to mind immediately) and I do not think Square is going to break the mold they use for Final Fantasies anytime soon.
But of course, I would be happy to see them prove otherwise.
No comments:
Post a Comment