As an avid gamer, I have seen my fair share of computer and console problems - like the three-quarter red flashing ring of death on the Xbox 360 and blue screens of death during games on the computer.
Today, while installing Sims 2 and all of its expansion packs on my laptop, the problems occurred were extremely frustrating - especially when it made my Vaio jammed so many times and I had to resort to force shut down each time.
Force shut downs kill computers, you know?
Oddly enough, the installer always hangs on 2-disc expansion packs (which I am going to call EPs for the rest of the entry). The 4-disc Sims 2 installed fine, and so did University, Open For Business and Glamor. But all of the 2-disc EPs simply refused to install correctly.
So I say, "Okay, it is alright. Let's restart the computer and try it again."
After rebooting the machine, I decided to try uninstalling everything and try from scratch. I click the Windows start button, go to EA GAMES and voila! All of the failed EPs are listed, as though they have installed perfectly!
So I say, "Hmm? Maybe they did install fine."
I clicked on The Sims 2 Pets and waited.
"Error. You are running the wrong version of Sims 2. Please insert The Sims 2 : Glamor Life CD and try again."
(or something to that effect)
So I say, "So it indeed failed to install."
But to reinstall, you need to uninstall, no? But look, the uninstallers refuse to launch!
And so I had manually uninstall everything.
Five hours gone! Wasted!
Well, I guess I have to reinstall everything again.
No comments:
Post a Comment