Disclaimer
Opinions and comments expressed in this blog are merely the author's own, and they do not necessarily be true to any extent. The author has her own way of perceiving things, so please kindly retreat from this blog if you intend to correct any of my thinkings regarding the subjects I touched on in the following entry, or any entries in this blog.
It is not for you to decide how one should think. This is a free world, and democracy is successful (to perhaps, a certain extent) for a damn reason.
Friday (10th Feb) was a day filled with shocking events. Outcomes I predicted turned out to be exactly the opposite.
Well, the recieving of GCE 'O' levels Chinese (Express) results was utterly stupid. The authorities of the school were oblivious to the students' feelings who were sitting restlessly waiting for the single piece of paper. They claimed that they understand how we feel, and yet they scream and shout at us.
I do not mind a 30 minute speech as long as it makes sense and is of use. Hell, I do not even mind a 1 hour speech. However, if the speech is but mere rubbish , I do not understand why we should condone anyone who wastes our time.
Of course, they might turn the tables by saying that they were actually giving us some of their time by talking to us, and that we should be grateful to them. I humbly beg to differ.
It was your own thinking that you thought we would find your speech any useful. Please do not condemn students who think otherwise. We do not choose where we wish to study, by the way. Now that we are in the 21st century, may I remind you that the old tradition whereby teachers and principals are always gravely respected no longer exists.
If you want our respect and love, you work for it. You do not ask for it. You do not demand for it.
Enough about the school. It makes me sick discussing about it. Ugh.
Anyway, the delightful news - I got an A1 for Chinese (Express), with a distinction for oral. I lost my cool when I received the piece of paper. I screamed. Yeah, I screamed. I thought I screwed my paper up.
I want to hammer her (everyone in the class should know who). She was being a complete idiot. How can she allow the class to sit in their damn seats for up to fifteen minutes when the rest of the level are getting back their results? Are we too not their students? Does she even teach that class this year? Or did she think that we are not worthy of her attention?
I am sorry, dear. Our respect for you is all gone. Gone, like the wind, never to return again as long as time governs this world. Mourn, mourn for yourself. You are as good as dead in our eyes.
The debate on the very same day was no better. How can our team 'being very destructive and very good in structure' lose to the other? The adjudicators made no sense.
They won because they were more entertaining in bringing their case across. Are we running Superhost here? Why the hell does style rules over content? This comment made no sense either. To make it plain, the verdict was senseless. This matter is not going to rest until we receive a good explaination why we lost.
And no, I do not accept 'both were well-matched in content, but they won because they had intonations in their speech'. Well-matched in content? You are making me laugh, seriously.
We are not being sore losers, but to lose without a good reason and for our case to lose to a completely shaky case is asking us to hurl this matter up to the authorities.
I am sorry for this angry entry. I cannot help it. I hope to write a happier entry someday, perhaps tomorrow or early March.
Valentine's Day tomorrow. Pei Pei prepared presents for me. Chocolates, I suppose. I am currently ill (on MC today), so I just have to wait until I get well. Fancy falling sick at such a crucial period. Injustice.
I will be getting a MP3 player once my sister is free to bring me to Sim Lim Square or Funan IT Mall. I have a model in mind already, but what I really get will depend on my cousin who is coming too.
Well, let fate decide the outcome for that. I am really tired now.
No comments:
Post a Comment