Not the one Yale wrote for Yale-NUS, but ones for me so that I can stop wasting time here. I woke up at 11:30 AM today - a disgusting waste of a beautiful Sunday morning. I could have spent it reading, or exploring the town.
This photograph actually captures the essence of how I have been spending my time here - wasting the last summer days, indoors, slacking. Ugh. Now that I'm here, I don't remember what is it that I actually wanted to achieve. I know I have always wanted to come to such a place to learn, but for what? It's weird that I don't have concrete thoughts about this.
Tomorrow's Monday. It will be a fresh week. A great time for some resolutions to start making better use of my time here while I find out what is it that I wanted from Yale -
- Wake no later than 9:30 AM, classes or not.
- Explore a new place at least once a week.
- Speak up/ask a question at least once in every class (i.e. seminar and discussion sections).
- Learn something new (e.g. about someone, a culture, Yale and etc) every day.
- Go to a library, sit down and think about what I have done, alone, at least once every week.
I will add more when I have them. Until then, wish me luck. (Y)
No comments:
Post a Comment