I must first apologize because what I am going to say next is going to be utterly offensive to some people, but I must say it because it is truly what I feel and I just want to document my thoughts -
I seriously do not get what is so difficult in getting into a local university as a polytechnic student.
Some of you might argue that it is not the case for some courses like Medicine, Law or Dentistry. Well, thank you for stating the obvious, but it is not impossible. All you need is the grades and if there are interviews, the ability to convince the professors. To tell the truth, I find it hard to believe how anyone can try and not get good grades in polytechnic. I feel that it is easier there as compared to getting your ass kicked if you fail to do well for a single set of papers.
If you have problems securing a good GPA despite studying, then you are either doing something wrong or you are really not cut out for academic studies. If it is the latter, then I suggest not going to a university at all because you really might just die there if you are already dying in polytechnic.
I know it sounds harsh, but it is the truth. If you cannot handle a diploma, what makes you think you can handle a degree? I understand many polytechnic students have went on to take private degrees and some of them have done well. These people are generally late bloomers, and they are very much the minority.
Please refer to my previous entry about GPA and admission into local universities to know more about my stand on the matter.
Maybe I would be typing an entirely different entry if I did not manage to secure admission to a local university, but I believe meritocracy is not without good reasons.
If any polytechnic student is reading this, take my advice if you intend to further your studies - stop fooling around and do well in your studies. You have no one to blame but yourself if you fail to get into any university. It is really not that difficult. Get the grades, and you are in*.
*Subject to cohort's performance
No comments:
Post a Comment