The Joint Acceptance Portal closes in thirty minutes. I have been debating with myself in the head for days now. Am I making the right choice by choosing to go NUS FASS? I have been warned by so many about the prospects after graduating from there. Many cousins told me to go for SMU SIS. I am also more familiar with SMU than NUS, as I have been there multiple times.
To be honest, I still do not know if I made the right choice. I am looking at SMU's offer letter as I type this. There is this sense of uneasiness. It feels almost certain that I am going to regret my decision. This feeling is messing with my head. I hate it.
The reason why I did not choose SMU is because I do not think I would want to stay in the IT field for long. I do not think I am capable of overcoming challenges such as coming up with algorithms and coding entire systems from scratch. I have no affinity for Math and would prefer to never touch it again. I do not know where I will stand in the industry because of these handicaps. The field is also highly volatile. Technologies come and go. It is tiring to keep up with the changes. I understand that this is true for all fields, but more so for IT.
For NUS FASS, I also worry about the problem of me being able to fit in. It has such a large cohort. Considering my character, it is going to be difficult to befriend anyone at all. SMU SIS, on the other hand, only has an intake of around 270 students each year. I probably would have an easier time making friends there, although the culture is something I worry about as well.
The portal closes in fifteen minutes. I think I am going ahead with NUS FASS. I truly wish that I have made the correct decision and hope that I will never look back at this post with regrets in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment