It's the new year, and like the past years I don't feel anything special. All these counting down parties and whatnot. I don't get their point. I am guessing the reason is something like "welcoming the new year", or "gather together as strangers in the old year and friends in the new year".
Is there some sort of system whereby the more people welcome the new year the less bitchy it is going to be? Maybe there's a hidden meter. If too few people "believe" in the new year, the worse the year would be. That would actually explain the events in the recent years.
I was playing a game, and in the game there was this line -
"The weaker the faith people have in gods, the weaker the gods become, and the weaker is their presence. A vicious cycle, and yet people wonder why have the gods abandoned them. They didn't. We abandoned them."
A thought provoking line although I suspect many might voice their disagreements, and this reminds me of another issue I want to write about.
Isn't it interesting why people find it a need to either agree or disagree on a matter, and that there is no room for anything else? More often than not I find it enough to simply think about the matter and not have any stand on it.
Ah well. Enough.
Happy new year, folks.
No comments:
Post a Comment