Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

Ignorance will be the death of you.

Feeling bored, I went to STOMP just now - indeed, that - insert adjective - website filled with - insert adjective - articles.

There appears to be more and more of posts about ... willful youngsters committing interesting acts. Most of these cases were discovered because the youngsters posted evidence of their actions on their blogs, Facebook accounts and related platforms.

I have wondered about this for a long time. I have even discussed it with several friends.

And yet I still cannot understand why.

Is it a rush of hormones? Or perhaps the need for excitement? Do they seek attention? Why is it that they do such ... stupid things? Do they not realize that they are not really achieving anything substantial?

It is completely pointless. I have to say that they are being stupid. A few mere seconds of excitement can sometimes destroy your life. A little too harsh, my example, but true nevertheless.

You might not give a damn about your studies now. You might feel that, oh love, is the most important to you right now. You might feel that you are being "unique" because you are do not give a damn about the society and you stand alone.

"Who says you need to study to become successful? Look at Bill Gates! He also dropped out of school!"

True, but might I add that Bill Gates, or most of the examples you might name, is pretty damn smart to begin with? Do your homework, kids.

They can succeed, because they possess extraordinary traits such as excellent foresight, incredible innovation abilities or even sheer willpower to carry on with whatever they believe in.

To compare your lackluster attitude about life to them is a bit of a mismatch, if you ask me.

Youth is the greatest asset, and time lost can never be gained. To those who continue to fool around and take your studies lightly, you will regret it in time to come. I can guarantee that much.

Ignorance is deadly. Recognize that this is life, and you have to fight for a place ... unless you do not mind not having one in the first place.

1 comment:

byan said...

also, billy is probably a case out of millions to actually succeed.

please, kids, drop out of school because more kids = better chance of me being the one out of millions. YES!

but seriously, i'm unique, right?