Pages

Friday, November 23, 2007

Gray skies.

It has been raining a fair bit lately. The wet weather makes me feel blue sometimes, and such melancholy kills any sort of productivity. I have been unable to work on any of my assignments so far, and this only spells trouble for myself later in the semester.

I began to observe people's reactions towards my words and actions lately. I just started doing it suddenly for no apparent reason. Perhaps it is because I am starting to care about how people think of me.

I do believe it is time to change the way I carry myself. I have to admit my current style is not appealing to most of the public. I will not change much. I would probably need to watch how I speak, what I speak and the way I compose myself - not too much vulgarities, lower my volume and sit properly in public.

One thing I definitely will keep, though, is my courage to speak boldly of what I feel and think. One must always stand up for oneself, because very rarely someone else will do it for you.

My sense of indifference works in my favor when it comes to speaking what I feel. More often than not, my words are sharp and they hurt. People take it very personally, but what they do not know is that I mean nothing more than just telling them what effect their actions or words have on me (or on others). Very rarely do I make actual personal attacks - unless you are really a jerk that do nonsense.

I do not know how others feel about me. Does my frankness make me hard to get along with? Am I overbearing?

I wish I have a mirror that does not coat truth with lies to answer all these questions.

... And where is my Dante?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JIAYOU!
u can do it!!!

n u r not hard to get along wif... tis is a fact!