Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

iPod cases and me.

I suck at buying iPod cases. I have wasted nearly a hundred dollars buying cases that suck, and what sucks even more is that I did research before buying them.

And while the reviews say they rock, it turned out that I hated these cases and they, well, sucked.

The first case I bought for my Nano sucks. I wanted a clear case that could display my Nano's stylish black and protect it from scratches.


Well, it looks pretty nice, doesn't it?


... No opening for the cable.


And no opening for the hold button.

I need to remove the Nano from the case every single time I want to charge it and I always need to worry about turning it on by accident when I put it inside my bag.

If I am not mistaken, this case was around forty near fifty dollars when I bought it.

And so I spent fifty dollars on another case. It was a black leather case from Incase (refer to this page for its photos) and it was so much better than the first one. Words cannot describe my relief when it fitted and worked well.

I bought my iPod Video recently (and Apple upgraded the entire iPod family barely a month after I spent SGD$600 on a 80GB iPod Video. &@W#@*@&*$&*@#) and yeah, the first case I bought for it sucked.

Reviews rave about how good the case is. I bought it because there are so many positive reviews about the case.

It certainly protects the iPod well, but GAWD WHAT IS WITH THE DUST?!


See those white spots on the cover?


They are all over the case.

No matter how many times you wipe the case, the dust always comes back. The thing is a gawdamnomfg dust magnet. It makes my month-old iPod looks like it is going to celebrate its tenth anniversary soon.

I must emphasize that the case really protects (sturdy and all) the iPod well, but I just cannot stand the dust. It pisses me off, honestly. Who the hell would want their iPod to look so battered?

And so today I spent money on a second case.

Thank you, mom. I love you. I am sorry too. I will be a good daughter and take care of you and dad forever.

I mean it.

Back to the case.

It certainly is a little small for an iPod 80GB, but that aside the case is alright.


A wall clip and a belt clip ...


... = iPod mounted on a wall.


Mounted with cover opened.


Rather stylish, eh?

I like it better than the first one. And guess what? This case is cheaper than the first one. It even comes with a screen protector for you.

Well, it all comes down to the fact that I suck at buying iPod cases.

F.Y.I.
First case (Nano) : SwitchEasy Capsule
Second case (Nano) : Incase Leather Folio
First case (Video) : iSkin evo3
Second case (Video) : Belkin Kaiser Flip Case

No comments: