Of course, I must not generalise. There are, definitely, smart Singaporeans there - semi-Einsteins and capable of making a name for themselves. Do note that I know there are always exceptions out there.
BUT.
I am here to talk about those that pissed the hell out of me. I am too annoyed to keep typing the the words 'most' or 'those that I have met' over and over again in this post because I am ranting and I have no time for bone-pickers.
Stay silent, if you do not agree. Or if you are one of them and you are utterly offended by what I am going to write in this post BECAUSE YES I AM INSULTING YOU AND THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT OF MY POST.
Sometimes one do not need to be discreet.
And on with my post.
I noticed, probably a little late, that young people in Singapore demands to be spoon-fed. They barely think. They need to be told to do and it is, honestly, fucking irritating.
Why am I so angry with these people, you ask?
Because I am always the one that gets asked all sorts of questions by them.
"So what title am I supposed to put for this report?"
"Where am I supposed to put this?"
"What is - insert name - number?" x 48472834782347
"When is the deadline for this assignment?"
"What are we supposed to do for this assignment?"
"Can you send me what you did for the assignment?"
"What is the briefing later on going to be about?"
"When is the briefing going to end?"
A hundred thousand more, but am too agitated to write anymore.
These questions sound like casual questions that people ask every day - I know. The difference is, however, that these morons actually expect accurate answers out of me.
"Huh, you don't know? I thought you are supposed to know."
WHO TOLD YOU THAT?
So, as a class representative, I am supposed to know everything? From what to do this for this assignment (and the funny thing is all these information can be found online from the school website but they just have to ask me for it) to memorising deadlines for 91238922387377 assignments to knowing where and what time each lecturer is supposed to be when you, oh, so conveniently ask me, genius?
AND YOU WANT TO KNOW THE WORST THING?
They ask questions that are absolutely stupid. It shocks me. How can anyone be so stupid?
I photocopied an assignment of a student from the previous year for everyone in my class so that they will know the format and what to do for this piece of homework instead of running around like headless chickens and bombarding me with questions that can be easily answered by using their brains.
And guess what.
"What do they mean by research title?"
You mean you do not know? Are you serious?
Singapore's education system fails. It really does.
No comments:
Post a Comment