Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Let's see what I have done in the morning ...

Download a FTP programme : Check
Download Fonts/Psp 8 Brushes : Check
Download Movable Type : Check
Retrieve Melon-Tv.com files : Check
Start looking for a host : Check
Get a host : Na

That seems like pretty good progress, yeah? ^^ Now that I will be hosted under someone else's domain, I think I will put in effort to make sure the site stays updated and online ... I certainly don't want to be kicked out of someone's domain. -.-

Just a few more days and I have to go back to school. I am not exactly unhappy about that but the slightest thought of having to attend St John practices ...

F**KING ANNOYING PRACTICES !!

*** Notice : I must warn my dear audience that the text I written below is filled with vulgar expressions and is targeted at the jerks at Nan Hua Secondary's St John Ambulance Brigade.

Leave now if you cannot tolerate explict content (-.-?). I have warned you.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Do you freaking think marching is fun? Or useful at least? I DON'T. I cannot think up of a damn fucking reason why we should be made to march. WE ARE FIRST AIDERS, MORONS! What, you want us to MARCH smartly to someone who is injured and fucking asking for help on the floor?

Don't tell me it is for discipline purposes. What do you mean by discipline in St John anyway?

-----
Me (to a seriously injured old man) : Sir, you are injured! (Like OMG) May I have the permission to perform first aid on you?

Old man : Ah ... Pain ... Owww ... (unable to answer because of intense pain)

Me : Sir! I must have your permission! This is politeness and discipline!

Old man dies.
----

??!!!

DAMN. I must calm myself down.

*breathes in and out*

Why for the sudden outbreak, you ask? What else could it be? A fucking bloody phone call from a fellow squad mate informing me of the fucking last minute practice tomorrow.

YOU GUYS PRINTED THE HOLIDAY SCHEDULE AND 70% OF THE PRACTICE DATES AND TIMES WERE CHANGED.

And not to mention, last minute practices popping out of the blue.

WHAT THE FUCK YOU THINK YOU GUYS ARE DOING? You printed the schedule and asked our parents to sign. I expect NO CHANGES to the schedule. Even if there is, at least fucking inform me two days earlier or something ... NOT THE DAY BEFORE THE FUCKING PRACTICE.

You think we students are so free? Are we supposed to stay at home and wait for your bloody notices? NO! We have our own lives. YOU PRINTED THE FUCKING SCHEDULE SO FUCKING STICK TO IT. Don't pass the message in the evening and tell me that there is a damn last minute practice tomorrow. What? You think I am 100% free tomorrow? What if I have agreed to gone out to a friend?

"But this is your CCA. You should put it before trival matters like going out with a friend."

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

I must remind you that you guys printed the schedule and my parents signed it. You added last minute practices and changed dates/times of the scheduled practices. What is the meaning of this?

WHY MAKE MY PARENTS SIGN IN THE FIRST PLACE? So much for discipline. I do not think, by changing the schedule and informing us at such late notice, should be tolerated.

Listen. I had enough of you guys. However I shall stay in St John for a year more, merely to save myself from the trouble of changing a new CCA.

Do not expect me to change my attidute towards St John. You guys disgusted me in every single way I could think of.

I never considered myself as a cadet of SJAB.

Now no. And never will.

Period.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, why not picture this EXAMPLE instead:

Old man: Help me...
(Old man had just fractured his arm)

Your officer: Take off your belt.
(He wanted to improvise it as a bandage to imobolise the old man's arm, however, you, probably in your first year of first aid practice can't understand why did he asked you to do such things)

You: Why should I?

So, you defied, not understanding the rationale of his order. However, in an emergency, leaders have to give quick and clear instructions. They wouldn't have the time to explain to you what's the rationale of his order. Ok, at least fracture wouldn't cost a life but what about other emergency procedures? That's when discipline comes into pratice. Well, of course its not the commands to march you left and right that matters at that moment in time but its those commands that may cost one's life. And, that's when discipline plays a role and training plays a part. Conciously or subconciously, training- obeying simple commands like turning left and right will mould into a more disciplined individual. It will benefit you throughout your life because at many point of time in life, everyone of us have to eat some "humble pie" somehow or another. We have to comply to someone of higher authority than us at certain stages in life. And then some time later, we will be the one commanding and we too, will want our subordinates to at least have a certain level of discipline in them. Sometimes, just look at things in different perspective alright? You'll soon realize having discipline is so much better. Anyway, I wished you all the best in your last one year in St John Ambulance Brigade. Grab the most out of it, even if it is horrible. Don't waste part of your life just passing time. Think, question, listen, observe, feel, try, experience and LEARN. There will always something to learn even in your most boring training. Just keep your five senses and your brain alert. Even if its not enjoyable, I hope it will be a fulfilling one. Attitude counts. Oh, one more thing, once you become a leader you can make changes in regards to last minute passing of information. You can make the difference. There isn't much point complaining cause nothing is done, true? :)